When it comes to eCommerce businesses, we can never ignore two major eCommerce giants; Amazon and Shopify. It becomes one of the most important decisions for sellers to make when selling their products Online.
They both are successful platforms and have made their reputation in the online marketplace, with Shopify powering over 800,000 businesses worldwide, whereas Amazon is receiving 2.5 billion visitors monthly.
In this article, you’ll learn more about Amazon and Shopify and how you can start selling on Amazon via. Shopify.
Fundamental Difference Between Amazon vs. Shopify
These two leading platforms come with their own advantages and disadvantages, such as
- We all know that Amazon is the largest online retailer globally because it focuses on gaining customer’s trust and satisfaction. Whereas, Shopify has failed to attract customers to buy their products.
- If we talk about the pricing strategy of Amazon, it’s quite expensive for new Sellers to start selling their products. On the other side, selling and buying products on Shopify is cheaper as compared to Amazon.
- Amazon‘s customer support takes care of its customers by resolving all customer queries in a quick time. In Shopify, it becomes difficult for newcomers to get their issues resolved.
- Amazon provides fulfillment by Amazon service. It picks, packs, and delivers your product to your customers. While Shopify doesn’t offer any fulfillment service to its sellers.
- Amazon offers sellers to market their products in various and unique ways. However, on Shopify, it is hard to sell and build your product.
Pros and Cons of Shopify
- Shopify provides efficient features for blogging in order to boost up the SEO.
- You can gain a higher profit margin on Shopify.
- By building and creating the image of your products, you can get complete ownership of your store.
- There are not many restrictions for sellers and buyers on Shopify.
- Shopify offers a large number of Payment methods, so people find it reliable to use all these techniques in order to pay for their stuff.
- Marketing of products is quite challenging on Shopify.
- There are few theme templates in Shopify.
- There is not that much exposure to the products
Pros and Cons of Amazon
- Amazon offers excellent services to its customers, such as customer support, fulfillment by Amazon, and many more!
- It’s easy to brand and market your products on Amazon.
- Customers trust Amazon due to its instant credibility.
- Every year more than 2.5 million Sellers join Amazon.
- In Amazon, you are always bounded by rules and restrictions.
- You get a lower profit margin due to various fee charges.
How Can you Start Selling on Amazon via Shopify?
When you have started connecting Shopify with Amazon, make sure that your Shopify account fulfills the following needs.
- Before selling on Amazon, make sure to activate your account.
- The prices must be in USD.
- Deliver your products by using Fulfilment by Amazon.
After these requirements, follow the next steps
Add Amazon as a Sales Channel
Log in to your Shopify account and press + icon beside “Sales Channels,” and look Amazon here.
After that, press “Add” to confirm.
Register yourself as a Professional Seller
When you sell on Amazon connected with Shopify, it is necessary to register yourself as a “Professional Seller” and make an Amazon Seller Central Professional Account.
Now you have to open the “Amazon services” tab, press the “click” button. Enter the required information such as your name, address, email address, etc.
Get the Approval
After this process, apply for approval from Amazon that all your items fit the categories.
List your items
Before you proceed further, make sure to create listings of your items. It can be done on Shopify. Now press on “Amazon,” which is below the sales channels section. And then press on create listings.Now Click on “select product” for selecting the product.
Set the Inventory tracking policy
You can use your store’s inventory for every listing on Shopify, or you can also select the manual managing of your Amazon inventory!
Time to start Selling on Amazon
After completing the process, now it’s time to start selling on Amazon with Shopify in order to target the audience and make more profit!
Which one is Better Amazon or Shopify?
When we talk about the eCommerce businesses, these both are the most successful platforms available. In Amazon, the sellers have to follow the strict rules that can be stifling- because if you want to increase your sales, you’ll be at the mercy of customers to leave good feedback. Moreover, multiple fee charges would disturb you, and you won’t get complete control over your business.
Whereas Shopify allows you to get the entire ownership of your brand. Things can get easy for you, and the fees are affordable too.
But it needs your time and efforts, and it is also essential to keep an eye on what your competitors are up to!
Amazon and Shopify have their own pros and cons in the eCommerce marketplace. Amazon is one of the world’s major retailers, whereas Shopify is like having your own store.
If you want to get complete control over marketing your products, it’s better to choose Shopify because it would help you drive more sales. Whereas, if you find no discomfort in paying for high fees and limitations, then Amazon could be the option for you!
Alpha Repricer is the fastest, real-time repricing that keeps your prices competitive all the time. It is the best repricing tool for Amazon sellers. Moreover, we reprice as soon as we notice a change and offer affordable and efficient price plans for you.
So what are you waiting for! Try us by signing up now for our 14-day free trial and experience it yourself!